In September 2021, the Louisiana Perinatal Quality Collaborative (LaPQC) will launch the Improving Care for the Substance-Exposed Dyad (ICSED) initiative. ICSED is a limited statewide project focused on improving care for birthing persons, parenting persons, and newborns affected by substance use. The ICSED Initiative will build on the work of LaPQC’s NOWS Pilot Project, conducted from May 2019 – July 2021. During ICSED, participating teams will use quality improvement science to improve screening, care, and treatment of substance use through a dyadic and multidisciplinary approach.
The following fourteen Louisiana birthing facilities will participate in the ICSED Initiative’s first wave:
- Baton Rouge General
- Lake Charles Memorial Hospital
- Lane Regional Medical Center
- North Oaks Medical Center
- Ochsner Medical Center Baton Rouge
- Ochsner St. Anne
- Our Lady of the Angels Hospital
- St. Tammany Parish Hospital
- Terrebonne General Health System
- Willis Knighton Bossier Health Center
- Slidell Memorial Hospital
For more information about ICSED or LaPQC participation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.